Thank you for being part of the AIR Hub community. To ensure the best possible experience for all community participants, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
AIR is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for association activities and ensuring safe and dignified experiences for our community. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We encourage and support the honest and respectful exchange of ideas and perspectives.
By joining and participating in this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. AIR Hub is designed to be a helpful, interactive medium where you can solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experiences, and participate in an ongoing conversation. You agree to submit discussions and shared files and content that are best suited to the medium.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, feel free to contact us. To preserve an environment that encourages respectful, inclusive, and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in the AIR Hub community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal actions or materials are strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you or your organization provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way. Do not use the community to advertise.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Do not post jobs on the community. Instead, AIR offers a free Job Board for job posts.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for participants to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
Legal Considerations and Disclaimers
This site is provided as a service by the Association for Institutional Research. Association for Institutional Research is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties regarding information posted on this site, whether posted by Association for Institutional Research or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Association for Institutional Research be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Association for Institutional Research and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Association for Institutional Research does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Association for Institutional Research we will take all appropriate action.
Association for Institutional Research reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.